This Purple Cabbage Salad recipe was created to raise awareness for epilepsy. November is epilepsy awareness month and their color is purple. I wanted to make something purple to do my part in raising awareness to hopefully end this disease. I love purple cabbage because it’s so pretty and enhances the dinner plate. As I am always limited with time so I needed something that can be an easy addition to any meal. This salad is just cabbage, cranberries and dressing. The dressing is full of umami and can be made up to a week ahead of time.
You all might be wondering where I got that really pretty bowl. I wanted to share that I made it at a really cool pottery place near where I live. Been wanting to try it out for ages and finally did. So fun!
- 1 small head of purple cabbage, sliced and chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- ¼ cup craisins
- 1 tablespoon miso
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic or rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons unflavored tahini
- Water to reach desired consistency
- Add cabbage to a bowl
- In another bowl combine miso, vinegar, soy sauce, honey and tahini.
- Mix well and add water to reach desired consistency
- Pour over salad and add sesame seeds and craisins.
- Toss well and serve