Have you ever had turmeric in a cocktail before? I haven’t. I think it’s a little hard to avoid all the citrus in the farmers markets right now. I love the taste, the smell and the colors. There is no better way to honor that, than with a cocktail. This one was actually inspired by an herbal tea that Greg had at a coffee shop. We thought the earthiness of the turmeric really balanced the lightness of the citrus and made it unique. It’s a simple drink to make but definitely doesn’t taste like it is . Feel free to try different combinations of citrus and let me know how it came out in the comments below.
This cocktail uses simple syrup. See recipe and explanation in this link.
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 1 tangerine
- ⅛ tsp turmeric
- 1 oz simple syrup
- 2 oz vodka
- ½ cup of ice cubes or crushed ice
- Juice the lemon, lime and tangerine
- Combine juice, turmeric, simple syrup, vodka and ice in a cocktail strainer
- Shake for about 20 seconds
- Strain and serve in cocktail glasses