This is an oldie but goodie. I was first introduced to this snack by my friend and sort of sister Adina. Lilly and I visit her pretty much every Saturday afternoon. She always has the best snacks and Lilly knows exactly where she keeps them. I recreated this at home with what I thought were the same ingredients but although they look similar they taste quite different. (We recently did a taste test) I always keep a bag of these in my freezer. It’s great when you want something sweet. They are healthy but they don’t taste it! It’s simplicity makes it very appealing and I love that you don’t have to bake anything. You combine dates, almonds and unsweetened coconut flakes in the food processor with a little bit of salt and process it. Then you shape them into balls and freeze them. That’s pretty much it!
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1½ cup pitted dates
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Process all ingredients in a food processor using the S blade until it reaches consistency in picture above
- Take two tablespoons of the mixture and shape into a ball
- Place on parchment lined baking sheet and put in freezer
- After balls are frozen, transfer to a ziploc bag and keep them stored in the freezer.