Creating Hearty Zucchini Chickpea Soup
Hearty Zucchini Chickpea Soup is a comforting and nutritious meal that can be enjoyed by everyone. My husband, however, is a fan of pureed soups. I was eager to share this delicious recipe with him, as I knew that the combination of squash and chickpeas would be a hit. I cooked all the vegetables together in a pot, allowing the flavors to blend together, and added some soup mix for a little extra flavor.
Enjoying The Soup
When you serve this soup with a dollop of sour cream and some crusty bread, you’ll be thoroughly impressed and pleasantly surprised by the depth of flavor in the soup. You won’t believe that it’s made from simple ingredients. I introduced my husband to this new recipe, and he loved it, which thrilled me. As a result, Hearty Zucchini Chickpea Soup will now become a staple in our household and will be enjoyed for many meals to come.
- 4 medium zucchini peeled and chopped
- 2 cups raw chickpeas
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 8 cups of water or vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons vegan chicken soup mix
- In a large pot over medium heat, sauté the onion, celery, and garlic until soft and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped squash, carrots and chickpeas to the pot. Stir to combine.
- Add the water, season with salt and pepper to taste, and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the soup simmer for 1.5 hours until the chickpeas are soft and the squash and carrots are tender.
- Add two tablespoons of chicken soup mix and mix until dissolved.
- Use an immersion blender or transfer the soup to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Serve hot and garnish with chopped parsley or cilantro, if desired.