These Asian Style Grilled Drumettes are such a great appetizer, side dish or even the main part of your meal. I used gochujang, which is a Korean condiment that offers a perfect combo of umami, salt and sweetness. I think anything with gochujang tastes better and these drumettes are no exception. I grilled these but you can also prepare them in your oven. I made a huge batch and gave some to my sister who doesn’t like wings and she loved it. My picky kids were huge fans too.
Feel free to use whole wings for this recipe. If you are looking for kosher gochujang you can purchase it from amazon using this link. It’s worth purchasing as it’s great for other recipes as well.
- 2 tablespoons gochujang
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 lbs drumettes or chicken wings
- Mix all the ingredients together except for the wings
- Add the wings to a ziplock bag
- Pour the sauce over it and make sure it covers all the wings
- Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight
- Grill on medium heat for 30 minutes