I bought some lollipop molds for a recipe that just didn’t work out and I’ve been wanting to use the molds again. It was also Sunday and I wanted to make something that my kids would find exciting. Making hard candy which is what lollipops are, is the easiest of all candy recipes to master. All you need is sticks and a mold and the basic ingredients. These are plain, simple lollipops. I added tiny candy stars that I had leftover from my daughter’s birthday cupcakes to make them pop a bit. If you wrap anything in cellophane and use a gold twist it will look beautiful so don’t worry about these coming out perfect. Good luck!
- 2 cups sugar
- ¾ cup light corn syrup
- ¾ cup water
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 dram flavoring
- food coloring
- Add all the ingredients to small pot
- Cook without stirring until the temperature reaches 260 degrees
- Add food coloring of your choice
- When temperature reaches 300, remove the pot from heat and add the flavoring. Take care that it doesn't splatter. Mix with a metal spoon.
- Add syrup to molds and sprinkle tiny candy (if you have) on top of the syrup.
- Let cool and remove from molds.
2. To get a glassy look on both sides of the lollipop use a small torch and pass it over the candy until it gets glassy