My friend Adina challenged me to create this recipe. Her daughter introduced to her to a version of this in Israel and she called me asking some questions about recipes she found online. I told her to put them all away and that I would create it for her. After a few iterations I am finally happy with the recipe for this Tahini Chocolate Fudge. Adina says it doesn’t taste like the Israeli confection but it’s still really good. This creamy snack is rich but not too sweet and tastes faintly of halvah. I like to keep this in the freezer so that I have something to munch whenever a sweet craving strikes.
I like to use 72% chocolate, dutch processed cocoa and a good quality sea salt.
- 2 3.5 oz bars of dark chocolate
- 1 cup tahini
- 6 dates (softened in hot water and then drained)
- 1 cup cocoa
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl for 2-3 minutes on medium heat and set aside
- Add tahini, dates, cocoa and sea salt to a food processor and process until smooth
- Mix with melted chocolate
- Pour into an 8x8 pan lined with parchment paper
- Refrigerate until hardened and then cut into squares
- Store in the freezer in an airtight container